If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Agenda and minutes

Venue: Shrewton Recreational Hall, Mill Lane, Shrewton SP3 4JY

Contact: Jessica Croman  Democratic Services Officer

Items
Note No. Item

7.00pm

142.

Welcome and Introductions

Minutes:

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting of the Amesbury Area Board and thanked Shrewton for hosting the meeting.

 

At the Chairman’s invitation, the Councillors and officers sitting at the front of the meeting introduced themselves.

 

The Chairman outlined the Shrewton traffic issues and advised that the Amesbury Community Area Transport Group were working hard to find a solution to these issues.

 

The Chairman briefly outlined the A303 consultation process and welcomed Andrew Weaver - Communications Manager, AAJV Stakeholder Engagement to the meeting.

 

Tom Brolan – Dorset and Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service was welcomed.

143.

Apologies for Absence

Minutes:

Apologies for absence had been received from:

 

·       Paddy Allen & Richard Allen – Amesbury Town Council.

 

·       Neil McDougal & Richard Wood – Berwick St James Parish Council.

 

 

144.

Minutes

To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on 26 May 2016.

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

Decision

 

·       The minutes of the meeting held on 26 May 2016 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.

 

145.

Declarations of Interest

To receive any declarations of disclosable interests or dispensations granted by the Standards Committee.

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest.

 

146.

Chairman's Announcements

The Chairman will introduce the announcements and invite any questions.

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

The following Chairman’s Announcement was noted:

 

·       Wiltshire Online Programme – Extension of the basic broadband commitment scheme (written paper).

7.10pm

147.

Updates from Partners and Town/Parish Councils

To receive updates from the Town and Parish Council Representatives, and from other partner organisations, including outside bodies on which the Area Board is represented.

 

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

The Chairman referred to the updates set out in the agenda and invited further updates from Town/Parish Councils and other Partners, including outside bodies.  It was noted that the preferred option was for written updates, to minimise time spent during the meeting.

 

 

Age UK Wiltshire – Sue Wight

 

·       That the Age UK Advice Bus was working its way around Wiltshire and would eventually reach the Amesbury community area.

 

 

Tesco – Carly, Tesco Community Campion, Amesbury

 

·       That Tesco were looking to get more involved with its local communities. It was agreed that the Community Engagement Manager would meet with Carly to discuss this.

 

 

Dorset and Wiltshire Fire & Rescue Service – Tom Brolan

 

·       That Amesbury Fire Station would be holding an open station event on Saturday 8 August.

 

 

Durrington Parish Council – Marion Wardell

 

·       That Durrington residents had concerns re grass cutting and the length of time between cuts and cut grass being left in gutters. A letter had been sent to Wiltshire council highlighting these issues.

 

 

Shrewton Parish Council – John Berry

 

·       That there were plans to re-vamp the Recreational Hall and playing field. A questionnaire would be sent to all Shrewton residents with more information on this.

 

 

Winterbourne Parish Council

 

·       That the Village thanked the Area Board for its recent grant funding. The equipment had been well used on a litter pick, the village had now won an award. The equipment was available for other parishes to use.

 

The Chairman thanked everybody for their updates.

 

Apetition was received by the Chairman from the residentsof LondonRoad, Shrewtonwho had concerns rethe constantspeeding ofvehicles passingtheir housesand down intothe main partof thevillage andout. The Chairman advised that the petition would be forwarded to Wiltshire Council.

 

 

 

7.20pm

148.

Tenant Participation

To receive and update from Eamon McClelland on tenants participation.

Minutes:

Eamon McClelland - Resident Engagement Officer, Wiltshire Council gave a short presentation that outlined tenant participation.

 

Points made included:

 

What are Local Housing Panels?

 

·       An opportunity for Wiltshire Council tenants and leaseholders to meet and talk about the issues that matter to them.

 

·       Quarterly meetings at a local venue across the whole of our housing stock

 

·       Both Parish and Wiltshire Councillors are invited to attend.

 

 

Area Board issues

 

·       In May 2016 there were 23 people attending the Local housing Panel meetings in the Amesbury Area Board area.  Overall in 2016 we have had 44 attending and have yet to complete July and October rounds of meetings.  In 2015, 74 people attended in total.

 

·       The main issues concerned; roads – state of repair, crossings needed and speeding in areas as well as heavy traffic increase.

 

·       Environment – bins, rubbish dumping and grass and shrubbery maintenance.

 

·       Footways – proper repair or replacement of fences and removal of debris, weeds etc.

 

It was agreed that the Community Engagement Manager and Older Peoples Champion would publicise future meetings, Cllr Wright was also happy deliver any publicity materials in his area.

 

The Chairman thanked Eamon McClelland for his presentation.

7.30pm

149.

A303 The consultation process

Andrew Weaver AAJV Stakeholder Engagement, Communications Manager will inform the area board about the forthcoming consultation process.

Minutes:

Andrew Weaver – Communications Manager, AAJV Stakeholder Engagement gave a short presentation that outlined the forthcoming A303 Amesbury to Berwick Down consultation process.

 

Points made included:

 

Timeline

 

·       2016 - Assessing all potential solutions (2016 to early 2017)

 

·       2017 - Public consultation on proposed options (early 2017)

 

·       2017 - Preferred route announcement (summer 2017)

 

·       2017 - Pre-application consultation (late 2017)

 

·       2018 - Submit Development Consent Order application (mid 2018)

 

·       2018 - Examination process (late 2018 to late 2019)

 

·       2019 - Decision by Secretary of State for Transport (2019)

 

·       2020 - Start on site (early 2020)

 

 

Questions raised from the floor included:

 

Will this really happen?

a.That there was a firm commitment to get find a solution to this part of the A303.

 

How long would the consultation process take?

a.Unable to say at the moment, would be able to say when all options were on the table.

 

It was agreed that the Community Engagement Manager would feedback any comments re the consultation to AAJV.

 

The Chairman thanked Andrew Weaver for his presentation.

7.50pm

150.

Update from previous grants GUL

To receive a presentation from James Dwyer, GUL, on a grant they received.

Minutes:

James Dwyer - God UnLimited gave a short presentation that highlighted the work being undertaken at the GUL outdoor therapy centre with the help of the Area Board.

 

Points made included:

 

Current Projects

 

·       Amesbury Area Board

£5,000 – Driveway and Car Parking improvements & Woodland Improvements.

 

·       Local Youth Network

£5,000 - Bursaries to provide free places to disadvantaged young people.

 

 

August 2016

 

·       Working with Tidworth Men's Shed and Marc Read (Tidworth CEM) on their first project. Constructing handrails, steps, and path edges and a purpose built outdoor classroom and wildlife hide.

 

Bursaries

 

·       This year so far… 658 hours of free provision.

 

·       Since receiving LYN funding in June we have been able to provide free places to 1 new individual (8 hours) and have 2 more enquiries in progress.

 

 

Other Projects

 

·       Riverside yard expansion, with continued improvements to access around site.

 

·       Sensory trails designed with Southampton University.

 

The Chairman thanked James Dwyer for his presentation.

8.00pm

151.

Update on the Stonehenge School

To receive an update.

Minutes:

Cllr Fred Westmorland gave an update on the Stonehenge School.

 

Points made included:

 

·       That the school would be redeveloped on its existing site.

 

·       A four phase re-development plan.

 

·       Phase two – re-order of the lower school had been carried out.

 

The Chairman thanked Cllr Westmorland for his update.

8.10pm

152.

Update from the Community Area Transport Group (CATG)

To consider an update and recommendations from the Community Area Transport Group (CATG) in relation to the funding available towards Local Transport Projects.

 

The Minutes of the latest CATG meeting are attached for information.

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

Cllr Ian West gave the Community Area Transport Group update.

 

Points made included:

 

·       The notes of the meeting held on 21 July 2016 were agreed.

·       The current financial position, currently £17,366 uncommitted was noted by the Area Board.

 

The Five priorityagreed schemeswere now underway withthe appropriateParish Council contributionsin place, these were:

 

·       AmesburyTown Centre.

 

·       Orcheston30mph extension.

 

·       Shrewton – review of the current weight limit.

 

·       Winterbourne Earls – closure of the ford.

 

·       Great Wisford – 20mph speed limit.

 

 

 

Other priority schemes underreview were:

 

 

·       A338 Parton Idmiston speeding issues.

 

 

·       Buildouts inLondon RoadShrewtonto formpart oftraffic calmingscheme.

 

·       Carriage way markings – High Street Shrewton.

 

·       That itwasgoodto seethe verylong awaited footpathfrom Bulfordto SolsticePark now wellunder way

 

·       Next CATG meeting – 3 October 2016.

8.20pm

153.

Local Youth Network Update and Youth Activities Grant Applications

i.              Updates

ii.            Grants

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

Cllr Jamie Capp gave the LYN update.

 

Points made included:

 

Funding applications - At the last area board meeting in May the LYN recommended to the Area Board to part fund WCA pending satisfactory responses to questions raised. Cllrs Capp and Westmoreland visited WCA along with the Community Engagement Manager. They assured the group that they are now satisfied with the responses circulated prior to the meeting.

 

Decision

 

·       That the Area Board agreed the remaining funding to Wessex Community Action of £8,000

 

 

Role of LYF - That the CYOs had now left Wiltshire Council as part of the re structuring. It was envisaged that the four community areas in the south of the county would share a central coordinator. One full time LYF coordinator based at Bourne Hill – covering: grants, communications, activity mapping, safeguarding referrals and support.

Each community area to and have an additional 1 to 1.2 days per week dedicated support from a Local Youth Facilitator (LYF)  to cover engagement and support for LYNMG – networking, meeting admin, notes, reporting to area boards and activity mapping. It was hoped that once these people were in post the Area Board could re visit the role of the LYN and wider LYN.

It was envisaged that these posts during autumn 2016.

 

Way forward for LYN – Cllr advised that he would like the LYN to become more strategic and look at the wider needs of YP and how members of the LYN could support each other. Discussions had taken place about how this could be achieved.

It was also noted that the LYN should have wider communication with the School councils in the area.

 

 

Youth grant funding:

 

It was noted that young people had asked for a more varied range of activities and events and Roller skating had been arranged by Amesbury Sports Centre. However, numbers of skates available had been restricted and as a result numbers of YP participating could be better. The condition of the pool table at the youth café was also discussed. All present agreed that these two were worthy cases and have wider community benefit. They agreed a member’s initiative would be appropriate in this case to secure £1,500 for roller skates and £200 to re-cover the pool table.

 

Decision

 

·       Roller Disco Sessions at sports centre awarded £1,500 and re cover pool tables at Amesbury Café awarded £200.

The applicationmeets grant criteria 2016/17.

 

 

8.30pm

154.

Community Area Grants

To determine the applications for Community Area Grant funding and to determine a Members initiative grant.

 

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

The Wiltshire Councillors were asked toconsider six applications seeking

2016/17 community area grant funding:

 

Decision

Winterbourne Parish Council awarded £1,950 forWinterbourne Dauntsey riverbank repair.

Theapplication meets grant criteria 2016/17.

 

 

Decision

Smiley Face Nursery awarded £5,000 forSmiley Face Nursery new toilets and lighting.

Theapplication meets grant criteria 2016/17.



Decision

Bridging Project awarded £1,000 for Durrington Youth Services equipment.

Theapplication meets grant criteria 2016/17.

 

 

Decision

Communi-tea cottage awarded £950 for Communi-tea cottage IT project.
The applicationmeets grant criteria 2016/17.

 


Decision

Wiltshire Wildlife Trust awarded £2,500 for Lords Walk Amesbury.

Theapplication meets grant criteria 2016/17.

 

 

Decision

Tilshead Parish Council awarded £ 809.64 for equipment to Support Tilshead Community Clear Up Days.

Theapplication meets grant criteria 2016/17.

 



 

8.40pm

155.

Health and Wellbeing Group

To receive an update.

Minutes:

Cllr Graham Wright gave the Health and Wellbeing Group update.

 

Points made included:

 

That AmesburyArea Boardhad setup aHealth & WellbeingGroup andhas representatives from:

 

Police, Town& ParishCouncils, WiltshireArea Board,WC servicecommissioners, Alzheimer'sSociety, CarersNetwork, HealthwatchWiltshire, OlderPeople's Champion, LINK Schemes,WC LeisureOperations, Housing,Age UK,NHS, CAB,Health Trainersand Day Centres.

 

It hadmet twiceand duringthese meetingsit hadlooked atthe keypriorities forthe community area andidentified someprojects toalleviate ruralsocial isolation acrossthe community area andoverall H&WB.

 

Two specificprojects were.

 

 

 

 
Community lunches - Fourcommunity luncheswere setup acrossthe communityarea each month andolder vulnerablepeople wereencouraged toparticipate. Theusual attendancewas inexcess of20 peopleper lunchand theOlder people'sChampion (JanTidd) would checkon otherservice relatedareas suchas benefitsand generalwellbeing. Itwas theintention touse volunteers to setup morecommunity lunchesacross thecommunity area.

 

Introductionto activities - During these sessionsolder peoplewere encouragedto takepart in anactivity suchas swimming,trips andfalls awarenessand armchairexercises. Wehave two tripsplanned forlate Julythe firstis wherelocal WalkingGroups wouldget togetherwith other health advisersto exploreshorter walkingtrips andarm chairexercise forthose physicallychallenged andhow toencourage peopleto participatein thefuture. Theother was designedto combatsocial isolationand would beheld atHeale House GardenCentre.  InJuly asmall budgethad beenallocated tothe H&WBgroup fortransport viamini bussesto such eventsbut inthe longterm tripswould have tobe self-funding.

 

TheH&WB grouphad assistedthe Alzheimer'sSociety.  Wehave helpedin gettingtwo of theirvolunteers MIDASminibus approvalso thatthey cantake participantsout totrips and activities. Theyhave alsoassisted thegroup tosecure fundingfor minibushire for12 months. These volunteerswould alsohelp othergroups withtheir transportneeds inthe future.

 

Futuretrips andactivitieswereplanned.Itis theintention torun regulartrips ona monthly basis tovarious activitiesand events.

 

 

 
Safe Places for Larkhill - The SafePlaces Schemewould berolling outin Larkhillwith over8 businesses and MoDfocal pointstaking part,the launchdate isThursday 25thAugust atthe Green Tree CafeLarkhill,the AreaBoard wereasked tosupport asmall discretionarybudget to cover thisevent toa maxof £50.The Schemeis beingco-ordinated byCllr Graham Wright andSafe Placesadministrators.

 

 

Decision

 

·       That the Area Board awards £50 for the cost of the Safe Places event to be held on Thursday 25 August 2016 at the Green Tree Café, Larkhill.

 

 

The Chairman thanked Cllr Wright for his update.

8.50pm

156.

Older Peoples Champion

To receive an update.

Minutes:

Jan Tidd - Older Peoples Champion gave a brief update.

 

Points made included:

 

·       That older people had enjoyed a recent trip to Heale House Garden Centre. The trip had been very well attended and more trips were now planned.

 

·        That four community lunches had now been set up across the community area with a good attendance at each.

 

The Chairman thanked Jan Tidd for her hard work and update.

157.

Urgent items

Any other items of business which the Chairman agrees to consider as a matter of urgency.

Minutes:

There were none.

9.00pm

158.

Future Meeting Dates, Evaluation and Close

The next meeting of the Amesbury Area Board will be held on 29 September, 7pm at the Winterbourne Glebe Village Hall, Winterbourne Earls.

Minutes:

It was noted that the next meeting of the Amesbury Area Board would be held on the 29 September, 7pm at the Winterbourne Glebe Village Hall, Winterbourne Earls.

 

The Chairman thanked everyone for attending.

 

 

Actions

Search

This website