Decision Maker: Cabinet Member for Housing, Strategic Assets and Asset Transfer
Decision status: Recommendations Approved (subject to call-in)
Is Key decision?: No
Is subject to call in?: Yes
1. This report seeks approval for the grant of a 99 year lease to Warminster Town Council at nil consideration (being at less than best consideration), as set out in the Heads of Terms.
I approve that:
The decision to grant the lease be made as outlined in the attached report.
This decision was made on 18 December 2023 and will come into force on 28 December 2023.
5. On the basis that Warminster Town Council have declared no interest in engaging in wider service or asset transfers, the request is being considered outside of the Service Devolution & Asset Transfer and instead is a disposal at less than best consideration. The terms agreed protect Wiltshire Council’s long term position and it is recommended that this proposal proceeds.
3. Wiltshire Council could continue the existing arrangement and this would mean having to grant further leases in the future, thus not recommended.
4. Wiltshire Council could seek to continue to achieve a rent for the site, yet under the Service Devolution and Asset Transfer policy this type of asset and arrangement would be recommended for transfer at nil consideration to Warminster Town Council.
Other reasons / organisations consulted
2. This request has been received from the Town Council and as such joint elected Members are aware of the proposal.
Publication date: 05/12/2023
Date of decision: 18/12/2023
Date comes into force if not called in: 28/12/2023
Call-in deadline date: 27/12/2023