Venue: Calne Hub & Library, The Strand, Calne, SN11 0RD
Contact: Craig Player Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Chairman's Welcome and Introductions
The Chairman will welcome everyone to Calne Area Board and introduce the Councillors and Officers present.
The Chairman passed on her condolences to the family and friends of Ellie Gould and the Area Board joined her in observing a minute’s silence.
The Chairman then welcomed everyone to Calne Area Board and introduced the Councillors and Officers present.
Apologies for Absence
To receive any apologies or substitutions for the meeting.
Apologies were received from Cllr Tom Rounds, Alison Ingham, David Evans and PCSO Mark Cook.
To approve and sign as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on 12th March 2019.
The minutes of the meeting held on 12th March 2019 were approved and signed as a correct record.
Declarations of Interest
To receive any declarations of disclosable interests or dispensations granted by the Standards Committee.
The Chairman will make the following announcements:
· Community Led Housing Project
· Homelessness Strategy Consultation
· Extended Consultation on Vision for Special Schools Provision
· The Maltings and Central Car Park Masterplan Consultation
· Calne Leisure Centre Update
The Chairman drew attention to the written announcements included in the agenda pack:
To receive an update from our partners.
· That Wiltshire Police recognise the impact that the death of Ellie Gould has had on the community.
· Residents were assured that incidents of violent crime were rare across the county and on average Wiltshire has low incidences of violent crime compared to the rest of the country.
· That the 101 Service continues to be monitored and improved.
· That details of the new Parish Clerk role will be available on the parish website soon.
· That the Parish Council was liaising with Chippenham to ensure consistency between each of their Neighbourhood Plans.
· That the Parish Council was pleased to hear the North Rivers Cycle Route will remain open for the foreseeable future.
· That Robert Merrick had been appointed Town Mayor with Rich Jones as his deputy.
· That copies of the Mayoral Programme were now available.
· Residents were reminded of the Calne Summer Festival and Carnival due to take place on Saturday 29th June.
The Big Pledge 2019
To receive a video update on Wiltshire’s Big Pledge Challenge 2019 on how to get involved, hints and tips to support your pledge and how to keep on track.
The Area Board received a video update on Wiltshire’s Big Pledge Challenge 2019.
Matters highlighted in the update included: how to get involved; the challenges available; hints and tips to support your pledge and how to keep on track.
To receive feedback from two community group:
1. The John Bentley School – Headteacher Jason Tudor will give an update on the ongoing changes at the school.
2. Calne Plastic Free – Jessica Thimbleby will give an update on the Calne Plastic Free initiative and the Repair Café.
Jason Tudor and Nicky Brennan gave a presentation on the changes being made at the John Bentley School.
Matters highlighted in the course of the presentation and discussion included: what a multi academy trust (MAT) is; why John Bentley chose to partner with Royal Wootton Bassett Academy Trust (RWBAT); the vision of RWBAT; the consultation process; the Kingsbury Green Academy uniform; the Kingsbury Green Academy strategy and the interaction between schools within the RWBAT.
Jessica Thimbleby and Tamzyn Long gave an update on the Calne Plastic Free initiative and the River Warriors.
Matters highlighted in the course of the presentation and discussion included: the Recycle for Wiltshire Joint Venture; the Inter-school Waste Watcher Reward Card Challenge; Calne’s first Repair Café and the recent work of the River Warriors.
Our Community Matters
To receive updates and consider recommendations arising from the
following local JSA priorities/working groups:
· Local Youth Network
· Parish Forum
· WWI Commemorative Copse – Ed Jones/Cllr Rounds
· Older People/Carer’s Champion – Diane Gooch
· Calne Health and Wellbeing Group – Alison Ingham
· Dementia Action Alliance Steering Group – Cllr Crisp
· Air Quality Working Group – Cllr Hill
· Calne Our Place – Naomi Beale (Chairman)
· Calne Community Safety Forum – Glenis Ansell (Chairman)
· Calne S106 Working Group – Cllr Trotman
· Calne Community Area Transport Group – Cllr Crisp
· Parish Forum
It was noted that:
· WWI Commemorative Copse (Ed Jones/Cllr Rounds)
It was noted that:
· Due to an unforeseen footpath that now needs to be remove the project has been delayed until further notice.
· Cllr Alan Hill highlighted the need to ensure that the project does not lose its desired impact, especially if it does not meet it’s one-year deadline in November.
· Older People/Carer’s Champion (Diane Gooch)
It was noted that:
· Diane was working alongside Wiltshire Council to find ways to keep supporting her work in a sustainable way in light of recent changes to the Community Engagement team.
· There will be a Carer’s Coffee Morning at Beversbrook on Friday 31st May.
· Health and Wellbeing Group (Alison Ingham)
It was noted that:
· GP practices are expected to come together in geographical networks by June 2019 if they are to take advantage of additional funding attached to the new GP contract.
· Air Quality Working Group (Cllr Hill) - the written update was noted.
To adopt the updated Air Quality Working Group Action Plan.
· Calne Our Place (Naomi Beale) - the written update was noted.
· Calne Community Safety Forum (Glenis Ansell) - the written update and following point was noted:
· Calne Town Council had raised concerns about the lack of detail Wiltshire Police were putting in their local crime reports.
· Calne S106 Working Group (Cllr Trotman) - the written update and following points were noted:
· That the legal department had agreed a Traffic Order could be implemented in Woodhill Rise.
· That work on Abberd Lane had commenced.
· That there was a continuing delay in Abberd Way/The Knapp plans due to slow response from Green Square legal team.
Area Board Funding
To consider two applications to the Community Area Grants Scheme, as follows:
· Applicant: CCAP
Project Title: Calne Community Copse – £4480.80
· Applicant: Wiltshire and Swindon Credit Union
Project Title: New signage for local Credit Union collection point - £150
To note a delegated decision related to the following application for Community Area Grant funding:
· Applicant: OBB4CY (Open Blue for Calne Youth)
Project Title: Open Blue Bus activities - £4887
To also note the allocation of £15000 in funding from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government to the Calne Pocket Park and Community Garden for the Pocket Parks Plus Scheme.
To consider an application for Health and Wellbeing funding, as follows:
· Applicant: Wiltshire Music Centre
Project Title: Celebrating Age Wiltshire - £1500
To consider an application to the Community Youth Grants Scheme, as follows:
· Applicant: Thriving Through Venture
Project Title: Thriving Through Venture - £4990
Consideration was given to one application made to the Community Area Grants Scheme. It was also noted that an award of £4887 was made to OBB4CY for Open Blue Bus activities. This was approved under delegated authority.
To award Wiltshire and Swindon Credit Union £150 for Calne Fairtrade Fortnight 2019.
The Area Board noted the allocation of £15,500 in funding from the Ministry of Housing, Communities and Local Government to Calne Pocket Park and Community Garden for the Pocket Park Plus Scheme.
Consideration was given to one application for Health and Wellbeing funding.
To award Wiltshire Music Centre £1500 for Celebrating Age Wiltshire.
(Cllr Thorn declared an interest in this application as he is a trustee of Wiltshire Music Centre and as such did not participate in the vote).
Consideration was also given to one application to the Community Youth Grants scheme.
1. To award Thriving Through Venture £4990.
2. To ensure the funding is allocated only to the four John Bentley students outlined in the report and to attend a future Area Board meeting to provide feedback on the project.
Any other items of business which the Chairman agrees to consider as a matter of urgency.
There were no urgent items.
The next meeting of the Calne Area Board will be Tuesday 2nd July 2019 at Calne Hub & Library.
The next meeting of the Calne Area Board will be Tuesday 10 September 2019 at Calne Hub & Library.