Venue: On-Line Meeting
Contact: Kevin Fielding Tel: 01225 706612, Email: email@example.com
Chairman's Welcome and Introductions
The Chairman welcomed everyone to the on-line meeting and introduced the councillors and officers present.
Apologies for Absence
Ros Griffiths – Community Engagement Manager.
To approve and sign as a correct record the minutes of the meeting held on Thursday 14 October 2021.
The minutes of the meeting held on
were approved as the correct record
Declarations of Interest
To receive any declarations of disclosable interests or dispensations granted by the Standards Committee.
There were none.
To receive the following chairman’s announcements:
· Ask Angela Campaign relaunch – December 2021
· Queen’s Platinum Jubilee Celebrations 2-5 June 2022
· Reminder of changes to the Highway Code from 29 January 2022
The following Chairman’s Announcements contained in the agenda pack were noted:
Ask Angela Campaign relaunch – December 2021
Corsham Area Board meeting with Gigaclear
Cllr Ruth Hopkinson
Cllr Ruth Hopkinson
Points made included:
She had engaged in a series of meetings with Gigaclear.
That not all problems could be attributed to Gigaclear.
That Gigaclear needed to be more proactive, but that interactions with them had definately improved over the last few months.
That residents were frustrated that they could not join the Gigaclear network, due to Gigaclear issues with land owned by private individuals.
That some remedial work carried out by Gigaclear had been of a poor quality – Wiltshire Council had now given permission for Gigaclear to organise extra teams to carry out this work.
That a newly appointed Gigaclear Community Engagement Manager had now been appointed to cover corsham area – so things were improving.
The Chairman thanked Cllr Hopkinson for her update.
To receive any updates from the following partners:
Dorset & Wiltshire Fire and Rescue Service
Corsham Climate Action
Town & Parish Councils
· Corsham Town Council
· Box Parish Council
· Colerne Parish Council
· Lacock Parish Council
Written updates contained in the agenda pack were noted:
Wiltshire Police – Inspector James Brain
Points made by the Area Board members included:
Good ongoing work on local drug dealing.
Concerns re speeding along Valley Road.
That good work was being carried out by PC Kev Golledge.
That Speedwatch volunteers needed to be supported more by Wiltshire Police.
Looking forward to seeing how Auto Speedwatch worked in the community area.
Corsham Climate Action – Adam Walton
It was agreed that Cllr Ruth Hopkinson would circulate Corsham street lighting protocols to all.
Corsham Town Council
Box Parish Council
Colerne Parish Council
Lacock Parish Council
The Chairman thanked all partners for their updates.
Community Area Grants and Funding Requests
Community Area Grants
· Dave Wright requesting £2,000 for Box Hill Community orchard and Rudloe Firs Limestone Wildflower meadow
· Neston Over 60s group requesting £200 for Microphone and screen to support group activities
· Sea Squad Explorer Scout Unit requesting £3,456.25 for Stand Up Paddle boarding equipment
· Pound Arts Community Garden requesting £2,500 for Development of a community garden at Pound Arts, Corsham
· Katherine Pugh requesting £1,377 for Colerne Defibrillator Project
· Colin WellenKamp requesting £2,450 for Families Out Loud counselling project
· Corsham Windband Association requesting £1,000 for 40th Anniversary
· Rewired Counselling / Pound Arts requesting £2,000 for Spark 2022 Young People Wellbeing Event for all Yr 9 students at Corsham School
Dave Wright awarded £2,000 for Box Hill Community orchard and Rudloe Firs Limestone Wildflower meadow
Dave Wright outlined a future £3,000 application for kissing gates from the Area Board funding. The Chairman advised that an application should be sent to Ros Griffiths – Community Engagement Manager asap.
Sea Squad Explorer Scout Unit awarded £3,456.25 for Stand Up Paddle boarding equipment
Pound Arts Community Garden awarded £2,500 for Development of a community garden at Pound Arts, Corsham
Katherine Pugh awarded £1,377 for Colerne Defibrillator Project
On the condition that Colerne PC funded 25% of the application
Colin WellenKamp requesting £2,450 for Families Out Loud counselling project.
This application was deferred for the applicant to further discuss the application details with Ros Griffiths – Community Engagement Manager.
That the Area Board noted the Neston Over 60s group requesting £200 for Microphone and screen to support group activities.
Funding for this application had been approved between meetings as it was time sensitive.
Corsham Windband Association awarded £1,000 for 40th Anniversary
Rewired Counselling / Pound Arts awarded £2,000 for Spark 2022 Young People Wellbeing Event for all Yr 9 students at Corsham School
Working Group updates
· Health and Wellbeing – Cllr Brian Mathew
· Local Youth Network – Cllr Helen Belcher
· Community Area Transport Group – Cllr Ruth Hopkinson
· Climate Group – Cllr Derek Walters
Health and Wellbeing – Cllr Brian Mathew
· That group would be meeting in the near future – to date be confirmed
· The minutes of the 16 November 2021 meeting were noted
Local Youth Network – Cllr Helen Belcher
· The group had last met during December 2021 with various town representatives in attendance – a good meeting, with lots of work to do
Community Area Transport Group – Cllr Ruth Hopkinson
· The minutes of the 12 January 2022 meeting were noted
Climate Group – Cllr Derek Walter
· The group had met during December 2021 and January 2022 with good support
· That the group was a good platform to press Wiltshire Council on climate issues
Any other Business
There was none.