If you are reading this page using a screenreader, we support ARIA landmarks for quick navigation too

Agenda and minutes

Venue: Woodborough Club, Smithy Lane, Woodborough, Wilts SN9 5PL

Contact: Edmund Blick  Democratic Services Officer)

Items
Note No. Item

5 mins

67.

Welcome and Introductions

Minutes:

The Chairman welcomed everyone to the meeting and introduced the Area Board Members, and Wiltshire Council officers present.

 

68.

Apologies for Absence

Minutes:

Apologies for absence had been received from: Terry Eyles – Pewsey Parish Council and John Brewin – Woodborough Parish Council.

69.

Minutes

To confirm the minutes of the meeting held on Monday 6 November 2017

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

Decision

 

·         The minutes of the meeting held on Monday 6 November 2017 were agreed as a correct record and signed by the Chairman.

 

70.

Declarations of Interest

To receive any declarations of disclosable interests or dispensations granted by the Standards Committee.

 

Minutes:

There were no declarations of interest.

 

71.

Chairman's Announcements

The Chairman will make the following announcements:

 

·         Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner - Precept Consultation

 

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

Chairman’s announcements:

 

·         Office of the Police and Crime Commissioner - Precept Consultation video was shown.

 

20 mins

72.

Partner Updates

To receive any updates from partner organisations:

 

·         Healthwatch Wiltshire

·         NHS Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group

·         Wiltshire Police – Inspector Nick Mawson

·         Dorset and Wiltshire Fire and Rescue - Ben Ansell, Chief Fire Officer

·         Pewsey Community Area Partnership

·         Parish Council Updates

 

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

Updates from partner organisations were received:

 

Healthwatch Wiltshire – written report

 

 

NHS Wiltshire Clinical Commissioning Group – written report

 

 

Pewsey Community Area Partnership

 

·         That the Pewsey Memory Café would be meeting on the third Monday of the month at Pewsey Fire Station.

 

·         That the report on the Heritage Action Zone had now been completed.

 

·         Everleigh Household Recycling Centre – Concerns were raised re the conditions and operation of Everleigh HRC since the new contractor had taken over its running.

 

Cllr Paul Oatway read out an email which highlighted the failings at Everleigh HRC over the period, Christmas/New Year 2017.

 

 It was agreed that the Pewsey Area Board members would meet with Tracy Carter - Director Waste & Environment, Wiltshire to discuss the failings at Everleigh HRC.

 

The Chairman advised the Area Board meeting that he would invite Cllr Bridget Wayman - Cabinet Member for Highways, Transport and Waste, Wiltshire Council to the next Area Board meeting to discuss the issues raised at the Everleigh HRC.

 

 

 

73.

Supporting those with SEND into Employment and Internships

Marnie Kemp and Eleanor Carr - Wiltshire Supported Internships

 

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

Marnie Kemp - Wiltshire Supported Internships gave a presentation that outlined the role of Wiltshire Supported Internships supporting those with SEND into employment and internships.

 

Points made included:

 

Wiltshire Employment Support Team is part of this wider team working in the SEND 0-25 service.

 

We hold the contract for supported employment with adult care and we support the autism strategy.

 

The team is made up of: 

 

         Wiltshire Employment Support Team

         Community Connecting

         Wiltshire Supported Internships

         Funded Travel Training

         Get Connected (Wiltshire)

 

Wiltshire Supported Internships is a study programme for young people who have SEND and an EHC plan (My Plan), who want to move into employment and need extra support to do so.

 

Why do we do it?

 

         Work plays a pivotal role in defining quality of life.

         Level the playing field – Everyone should have the same opportunities to access employment.

         Without support most of our customers would be unable to compete effectively to gain employment.

         We love it!

 

The Chairman thanked Marnie Kemp for her presentation.

74.

Update on the Local Youth Network and Youth Grants

Jan Bowra, Local Youth Facilitator

 

To confirm the minutes of the LYN Management Group held on 11 December

 

To consider the following application for funding:

 

·         Pewsey Vale Youth Football Club requesting £1,200 towards portable floodlights project

 

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

The minutes of the LYN Management Group held on 11 December were confirmed as the correct record.

 

The Area Board members considered one grant application for youth funding:

 

Decision

Pewsey Vale YFC awarded £1,200 for a portable floodlights project.

 

The Chairman thanked Jan Bowra – Locality Youth Facilitator for introducing the grant.

10 mins?

75.

Community Area Grants

To consider the following applications for funding:

 

·         Marden Parish Council requesting £469 towards Community Common Area Mowing Machine 

 

·         Wilsford Village Hall Committee requesting £1,000 towards repair of village hall flat roof

 

·         Pewsey Childrens Carnival Club requesting £1,416 towards community marquees

 

·         Stanton St Bernard Village Hall Committee requesting £979 towards village hall storage facility

 

·         Pewsey Vale Tourism Partnership requesting £986 towards Bottlesford Phone Box Conversion to Tourist Information Kiosk

 

·         Bouverie Hall Management Committee requesting £5,000 towards ladies toilet refurbishment

 

  • Savernake Forest Scout Group requesting £1,000 towards site security fencing at Scout Hut HQ

 

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

The Area Board members considered seven applications for Community Area Grant funding. 

 

Decision

Marden Parish Council requesting £234.50 towards Community Common Area Mowing Machine.

 

Decision

Wilsford Village Hall Committee requesting £1,000 towards repair of village hall flat roof.

 

Decision

Pewsey Childrens Carnival Club requesting £1,416 towards community marquees.

 

Decision

Stanton St Bernard Village Hall Committee requesting £979 towards village hall storage facility.

 

Decision

Pewsey Vale Tourism Partnership requesting £986 towards Bottlesford Phone Box Conversion to Tourist Information Kiosk.

 

Decision

Bouverie Hall Management Committee requesting £5,000 towards ladies toilet refurbishment.

 

Decision

Savernake Forest Scout Group requesting £1,000 towards site security fencing at Scout Hut HQ.

 

76.

Update on Community Area Transport Group

Councillor Jerry Kunkler

 

·         To confirm the minutes of the Pewsey CATG held on 6 December

 

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

Colin Gale presented the minutes of the Pewsey CATG held on 6 December 2017 which were confirmed as the correct record.

 

·         The final account for the village gates at Oare had come in over budget at £2,459.22, an overspend of £159.22. The CATG have agreed to pay this balance.

 

          To recommend to the Area Board an allocation of £159.22 to settle   this account – Agreed.

 

 Decision

·         Rushall Elm Row – new footway from Church Lane to Bus Stop

 

           To recommend to the Area Board an allocation of £1000.00        contribution for this Safety Audit – Agreed.

 

 

Decision

Decision

·         Woodborough – request for footpath provision on C261

 

           To recommend to the Area Board an allocation of £1150.00 contribution for this Survey – Agreed.

 

The Chairman thanked Colin Gale for presenting the CATG minutes.

77.

Update on Pewsey Vale Health and Wellbeing Centre

Councillor Paul Oatway

 

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

Cllr Paul Oatway gave a brief update.

 

Points made included:

 

·         The building works to deliver the new Vale Health and Wellbeing Centre was progressing well. The foundations had been laid and the new pool had been constructed. The steel frame for the new building was currently being constructed.

 

·         The build programme was estimated to conclude by the end of Summer 2018, and the centre would open to the public shortly after.

 

·         The contractor was regularly communicating with the neighbouring school and attended a recent assembly to update on the construction and health and safety matters.

 

·         The council’s campus team, director and lead member visited the site pre-Christmas to view the build progress.

 

The Chairman thanked Cllr Oatway for his update.

78.

Establishment of Health and Wellbeing Group for Pewsey community area

Peter Dunford - Community Engagement Manager

Supporting documents:

Minutes:

 

   

 

The Community Engagement Manager advised that Pewsey was one of the few area boards in Wiltshire without a dedicated Health and Wellbeing Group.

           

       This function was previously delivered by the Pewsey Older Peoples Partnership, under the leadership of Age UK Wiltshire, however due to the redundancy of a key staff member the POPP meetings do not now have the dedicated resources necessary to continue.      

 

       Wiltshire Council had devolved a modest revenue budget to each local Health and Wellbeing Group, this spending to be ratified by its Area Board, and had produced a generic Terms of Reference document to guide this work. 

 

Some initial ideas for the work programme of a Pewsey Health and Wellbeing Group, include:

 

-       Nominating an Older Peoples Champion and a Carers Champion (could be the same person)

-       Supporting the DAA to create a dementia-friendly-community, running memory cafes, awarding good practice (see attached) etc

-       Building the Safe Places network  

-       Championing mental health issues and running an awareness workshop

-       Supporting LINK schemes and community transport initiatives

-       Promoting public health messages, the work of the Health Trainer etc

-       Investigating a Mens Shed initiative

-       Monitoring and delivering JSA commitments around health and wellbeing

-       Other ideas from partner organisations

 

     Decision

 

·         That the Pewsey Area Board agrees to establish a sub-group to lead on the promotion of health and wellbeing in the Pewsey community area.

 

·         That a proposal be brought back to the March meeting to agree the use of unspent monies in the current financial year

 

79.

Urgent items

Any other items of business which the Chairman agrees to consider as a matter of urgency

Minutes:

The Community Engagement Manager introduced the 2018 Great British Spring Clean, an initiative by Wiltshire Council in conjunction with Keep Britain Tidy to engage communities in cleaning up their environment and to get involved in community litter picking events across the weekend of 2- 4 March 2018 and thereafter.

    

A short film “Clean up Wilts” was shown, highlighting Wiltshire Council’s new initiative to reduce litter dropped in Wiltshire by residents and visitors, reduce fly-tipping in the county and make dropping litter an ethical issue. The campaign looked to change attitudes through education and encourage behavioural change.

 

Promotional materials would be circulated when available and interested communities were encouraged to register their event in good time, to allow waste collection arrangements to be made. 

 

80.

Future Meeting Dates and Close

The next meeting of the Pewsey Area Board is scheduled for Monday 5 March at the Bouverie Hall, Pewsey

 

Minutes:

The next meeting of the Pewsey Area Board was scheduled for Monday 5 March, 7pm at Burbage Village Hall.

 

The Chairman thanked everyone for attending.

 

 

Actions

Search

This website