The committee makes strategic planning decisions as follows:
• The implications of major developments outside of Wiltshire that could have an impact on local residents.
• To consider the following categories of applications for planning permission:
- Large-scale major developments (defined by the Department for Communities and Local Government as those of 200 houses or more or 10,000 square metres of non-residential floor space) which, by their nature, (e.g. scale, location etc.) have wider strategic implications and raise issues of more than local importance
- Planning applications for mineral extraction or waste disposal, other than small scale works which are ancillary to an existing mineral working or waste disposal facility
- Significant applications by Wiltshire Council to develop any land of Wiltshire Council, or for development of any land by Wiltshire Council or by Wiltshire Council jointly with any other person (Regulation 3 applications)
- Applications which, if approved, would represent a significant departure from the policies of the statutory development plan, where they are recommended for approval
- Applications called in by a division-member that cross the boundary of two area committees
- Any application where the director of the development service considers it inappropriate to exercise delegated powers having regard to the public representations received and consultee responses
- Consider documents relating to the Local Development Framework and advise Cabinet where appropriate.
There shall be no referral up of applications to the Strategic Planning Committee from the area planning committees.
Support officer: Democratic Services. Email: email@example.com